Changes to Third Party Ordering
The East Leicestershire and Rutland CCG has implemented a new scheme that all local GP practices will have to adopt regarding third party ordering. Therefore:
Northfield Medical Centre repeat prescription service is changing.
We will no longer be able to accept:
- Medication requested by pharmacies on behalf of patients
- Any prescription requests made over the telephone
Why are these changes being made?
- The NHS authority; East Leicestershire and Rutland Clinical Commissioning Group has instructed us to make these changes
- There are concerns that where medicines are ordered by a third party, excessive amounts are ordered
- It is not good practice to take telephone requests for medicines as transcription errors may occur & patient safety may be compromised
What is changing?
- If your medicines are usually ordered on your behalf by your pharmacy you will now need to order your medication directly from your GP Surgery
- You will not be able to make telephone requests for medicines
What do I need to do?
- You can request medicines by dropping off your repeat slip in the prescription box in the foyer (we have repeat order slips in Reception if you need one) or by ordering your medicines online
- If you would like to request medicines that are not on your repeat slip this will need to be done at reception by completing a request form.
How can I request repeat medicines online?
- Please contact the reception desk for access to your login details
When do I order my prescription?
- Please order your medicines a week in advance as we will need at least two working days to prepare your prescription
Will I need to collect my prescription?
- We encourage you to nominate your regular pharmacy to allow us to electronically send your prescriptions to them so you do not need to collect from the medical centre
- The pharmacy will prepare your prescription and deliver if necessary
- If you do not want to nominate a pharmacy, your prescription will need to be collected from the medical centre desk
Does this apply to everyone?
- If you receive your medicine in a dosette tray please speak to your pharmacy
- Alternatively, if you are housebound, please contact someone at the reception desk who will be able to help you
- If you wish to raise an issue about the above changes you can contact East Leicestershire and Rutland Clinical Commissioning Group using the details below:
Phone: 0116 295 3405